Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

A Pair of Queens


This unlikely-looking photo from church today shows me with my friend Sherry and my cousin Jennifer (I'm the one without the crown). It was Women's Ministries Sabbath and the theme was on the book of Esther, so (for fairly obvious reasons) I was asked to take the sermon. Actually I was asked to "do something creative" with the sermon, so I recruited two of my best friends in the world, who also happen to be fantastic actresses.

I led out in my role as Zenobia of Babylon, host of the most popular daytime talk show in the Persian Empire, interviewing two remarkable women who had never before consented to be interviewed -- Queen Vashti and Queen Esther, on the topic of "Women Who Defied the King." It was a blast. The best part was doing it with Sherry and Jennifer, who really are a pair of queens. (No, not that kind of queens!)

This seems like as good a time as any to pay tribute to both these women. It may not say much about my ability to get out and meet new people if I confess that my two best friends are a blood relative and someone I met in Grade 5, but nothing beats lifelong friendships and these two women have gone the distance with me. Not only are they both able to immediately slip into the character of ancient queens and start fielding interview questions without a trace of a script between them, each in her own way is a total class act and I admire them both more than words can tell.

A tribute to two of my favourite people -- here's to you, Your Majesties! And thanks for your help, today and everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home