Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Hole Truth

OK, this is just a little something that made me laugh yesterday.

We went up to the cabin. My dad (for reasons too lengthy to get into here) has cut a window between the kitchen and the dining room area in the cabin. The kids were very impressed with this. "Oh look! There's a hole in the wall!"

Jason said, "Yeah, Grampa went out and bought a hole to put in the kitchen wall."

Thinking I was being witty, I said, "I bet he bought that holesale!" But Christopher quickly topped me: "Maybe he picked it up at Hole Depot!!"

Everyone was being the comedian yesterday. When we went swimming in the pond Jason and the kids were in the water while I was reclining in luxury in the inflatable boat. They were swimming towards me with the intent to get me into the water, and I was ineffectually paddling away. "Resistance is futile," Jason warned, "You will be aswimilated!" (Sorry, that was probably only funny to the other Star Trek geeks out there. Hi geeks!!).

So yeah, we're all in top form for being witty. I'm also, amazingly, doing some writing again. As I mentioned earlier, my current project is allegedly a complete rewrite of the much-too-long fantasy novel I wrote many years ago. I'm not revising: I'm just taking the same characters and setting and writing the whole thing again from scratch. But I got bogged down about halfway through and haven't written anything for months. This month I've been making myself get back at it and write a bit. For awhile there I was doing really well to get 700 words a day (I was shamelessly using Katrina and her daily word counts to motivate me!). But in the last few days things really seem to be flowing again and today I wrote over 4000 words. Now, they may not be great words, but I wrote them, and the fact that I'm writing again makes me very happy.

Jason and I have also launched on our latest home redecorating project, which is repainting Christopher's room, complete with superhero murals designed and executed by Jason. As with the murals in my office, I'll post pics once they're done, but we're in the early stages yet.

And finally, a thing that made me laugh -- again this is one for the geeks, Star Wars rather than Star Trek this time. This has been on the web for awhile, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth checking out -- from the blog of some guy who rented Revenge of the Sith in Chinese, with English subtitles. In other words, the English movie was translated into Chinese, then back into English for the subtitles...with some very bizarre results. I particularly like the way they translate the phrase "Jedi Council." Here you go: enjoy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm delighted that you are writing again. And equally happy that my sad, little word counts did SOME good (just kidding--this last-days-of-summer thing is killing me!).

2:04 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Thanks Katrina ... can we have a quick tune from Chicago ... "You're the meaning in my life, you're the inspiration!!"

Henry, I'm flattered you checked out my page ... if you look in the archives you'll see pics of our canal boat trip. I know you "real" canal boat people are probably irritated by the North American tourists on the canal but it was wonderful ... at one point we passed a boat called the "Charlotte Rose" but I was pretty sure it wasn't yours as I think we were on the wrong canal!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home