Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Quick Hi From Eastport

Much to my surprise, I am posting from Eastport. Eastport, for those who don't know it, may be one of the last places on earth without reliable cellphone access, and the White Sails Inn, where the Writers' Guild always stays, doesn't even have a regular phone in the building. The nearest phone is a good 10-minute walk away, so I'm used to being pretty cut off while here.

But Eastport now has an internet cafe! And Jennifer and I are here, cyber-catching-up before we go back to the inn for supper.

This writers' retreat is gruelling, folks. I woke at 7:00 this morning, couldn't get back to sleep, went for a walk on the beach, then went back to the cabin and slept till 11:00. Then I ate breakfast, showered, read a bit, and took a nap. Looking forward to more sleep and reading. I may actually get some writing done at some point too!

Don't know if anyone's reading this, but if you are, I'm alive and VERY well in Eastport!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trudy,
After all those years in book publishing I was beginning to believe those tales of deprivation that are the writer's stock in trade -- freezing garrets and all. But I've been to Eastport, and a freezing garret it ain't. Anyway, go ahead, enjoy. You've earned it.
Love, Dad

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colour me jealous Trudy. About the sleeping especially... okay, I am jealous of it all!
Enjoy it!

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you've had such a greulling time laying around Eastport...it must be awful, all that lazing a-bed and such!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Tina Chaulk said...

I love that Internet Cafe, at least if it was the same one I went to during the Winterset in Summer Festival last year. Sounds like a wonderful retreat.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home