Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cute Kid Moments

Just a brief entry for tonight ... I had to share two kid-funnies from today.

We went to watch the Santa Claus parade this afternoon. At one point a limo drove by with the sunroof open on top and, sitting up in it, three young ladies in the garb of beauty-pageant winners -- gowns, furs, tiaras -- waving at the crowd. Emma, who obviously knew what she was seeing even if she couldn't remember the proper terminology, shouted, "Oohh, look Mommy! Drama Queens!"

We were all out to supper tonight at a very nice restaurant to celebrate my dad's 70th birthday with a whole lot of the family. Since we have had some quite harrowing restaurant experiences recently I drilled the kids before going on the importance of good behavior, seeing that this was Grampa's special night and the venue was not particularly family-friendly. Well, they both behaved like little angels (in my humble motherly opinion) and I made sure to tell them so afterwards. "You were both nice and quiet, spoke pleasantly to the grown-ups, and used good table manners," I said as soon as we got out of the car. "I was very proud of you both."

"Thank you, ladies and gentlemen," Christopher said, "You've been a wonderful audience!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine Hennebury (isekhmet/Smartmouth Mombie) said...

Excellent positive reinforcement there, Trudy. You are going pro with this mothering business, aren't you? :)

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAA! That is too funny.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home