Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Beautiful Things

Big news du jour: I got a couch in my office/classroom at work!!

This came about because my friend Darryl is getting rid of what he refers to as his "old life stuff." I think it might be more accurate to replace a letter there and call it his "old wife stuff" but whatever; the bottom line is he is recorating, renovating and donating. And the Murphy Centre benefits.

As my commitment to making my workspace cozy, inviting and homelike knows no bounds, I was ridiculously excited by this acquisition and spent all day taking pictures of my students enjoying the new couch. After I revealed to them the circumstances under which I got it they have all taken to calling it the "Divorce Couch."


I really thought getting the couch was going to be the biggest thing in my life today and I was going to blog just about that. But as I left work I saw the most amazing, vivid and gorgeous rainbow. And I hate to be all twelve and everything, but I still love rainbows. This one was a complete half-circle stretching from the roof of the CONA building over to Pleasantville, and the Pleasantville end of it just glowed. As I drove home I saw that the rainbow had acquired a faint echo and was actually a double rainbow.

I tried to capture the moment with a few pictures, but I think that rainbows are among those things in life that are best enjoyed in the moment, because photography can never do them justice.

The same, of course, may be true for couches.


The only downside to my rainbowy, couch-tastic day was that I haven't added any more words to my NaNo total because, when I haven't been dancing about celebrating the simple joys of life, I've been very busy with two other projects. (Apart from my ongoing projects of parenting and teaching). One is a paying freelance job, and one is ... top-secret and time-sensitive. I'm sorry, I can't tell you anymore about it right now because then I'd have to kill you. So just take my word for it that my NaNo total is staying static at 45,695 for today, and bask in the rainbows and Divorce Couches life brings your way.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new couch and the rainbow viewing! Any word on whether Darryl has any kitchen chairs he wants to dispose of?

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice couch. BEAUTIFUL rainbow. I with you on the rainbow front. I love them. You can't be unhappy while there's a rainbow in the sky! Even the leaveless trees look beautiful with a rainbow over them.
Congrats too on your NANO count! You are amazing! I am NO where near that. Sigh. Maybe next year.
Good luck with your many duties...

Lori M

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh!

The top-secret thing?

You're pregnant! I'm right, aren't I!

8:17 PM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Katrina, I can promise you it is absolutely NOT that. Far, far less exciting/traumatic/medically unlikely. Just a little project that someone who sometimes reads my blog shouldn't know about.

Lori, I don't know what, if anything, you got written during November, but if you did anything for NaNo at all, those are words you didn't have written before, and that is a good thing. Like rainbows and couches, we have to appreciate all the good things, and whether it's 500 words or 50,000 words, putting words on paper is good.

Sherry, I think Darryl's already redone his kitchen. He does have rather a nice loveseat that he wouldn't let me have because he didn't want it to go to a school but wanted it to be in someone's home.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, just checked you out at the NaNosite and whoa!! You're PAST the 50,000 point!! YAY FOR YOU, TRUDY!!! I tried sending a NaNomessge but the NaNoGods aren't letting it happen. It's late. I'm babbling. And my eyes are about to roll out of my sockets and onto the floor. Again, congratulations!

3:37 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Thanks ... it is exciting. Must blog about it now.

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home