Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Friday, November 03, 2006

NaNoWriMo, Day 3: 3660 Words

This has been a crazy week at work because I have to have my midterm grades submitted by the end of the day today. I haven't had nearly as much free time as usual as people have been finishing up tests and assignments and I've been calculating marks. In the midst of all this I have managed to get 3660 words written on the first chapter of my NaNo novel and I am genuinely having fun with it -- so I'll consider that a successful start to November.

Today is the first day of this month that really LOOKS like November -- overcast, gray and rainy. Yesterday and Wednesday had that sunshiny, crisp-fall-air, October-blue sky thing going on, at least for part of each day. It's easier now to believe this is really November, month of dreary skies, midterm grades, fires in the fireplace, untold midterm angst among my students ... and month of writing a (more or less) complete novel in 30 days.

November ... bring it on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim / POWER OF RUN said...

YAY! Good for you!

I have just 1700 words so far, but that's pretty good for me. If I even get 1/2 of where the NaNo goal is, that will be huge for me.

Oh, I just got the NaNo message you sent me LAST year! Never saw it!

10:21 AM  
Blogger chrisd said...

(waving madly)

Hi from NaNo--Chrisdd!!

No wonder your story sounds so authentic!

You're a seventh day Adventist? Cool! I knew a wonderful couple when I first became a believer.

Hope you have a great day!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home