Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

3000 Words

So after hardly blogging at all this week, I do TWO posts in a day! Yes, yes, I even amaze myself. Actually, I just thought my work-related blog and my family-related blog should be two separate posts. Mostly I just have some cute stuff to post to make you go "Awwwww."

Like, how cute is THIS? With the missing front tooth? Awwwww...

And, 'tis the season to carve pumpkins. We had to hurry up and do this tonight because Jason is leaving tomorrow for a week-long business trip to Vancouver (with a little pleasure trip to his sister Janice in Seattle thrown in). Jason doesn't travel much so I rarely have to function without him, but on the few occasions I've done it I've emerged with a new respect for single parents. Without my partner and team-mate, we'd never be able to do stuff like this (cause they don't let me handle sharp objects):

Finally, this week we celebrated my Aunt Gertie's 92nd birthday. Any time someone turns 92 and is still able to enjoy blowing out birthday candles, that's a good thing. But in our case it's an even better thing since one year ago Aunt Gertie was in hospital, having surgery for breast cancer (which she first had when I was five, and recovered from). Given that it once seemed unlikely she'd live to see me grow up, the fact that she is now enjoying and spoiling my children amazes me -- and for a woman of her age to recover as well as she has from last year's surgery really reminds us that every day we have with our loved ones is a gift. Here's Chris and Emma "helping" Aunt Gertie with her candles:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Extended family can be such a blessing (or a big pain in the butt).

I remember you talking about your wonderful aunt years ago. How great that your kids get the opportunity to know her. Lovely pictures.

Catherine T.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny you should comment about the two posts in one day. I just popped in hoping that there would be an update, and low and behold, there are THREE!!!

Emma does look sweet in her picture! And I agree wholeheartedly about the extended family ideas that Catherine mentioned. It looks like a fun time was had.

Lori M

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home