Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Jason's Coming Home Tonight!!

Need I say more?

All in all I think we have survived our dad-less week pretty well. Both kids seem to still be alive, which is a good thing. As for myself, I haven't noticed any new grey hairs. Of course, I haven't looked too closely!

Tonight I took the kids out for supper to Boston Pizza. My parents met us there. Eating out with the kids is a toss-up -- it always seems like it'll be less work and trouble than cooking a meal at home, but sometimes, depending on behavior, it's actually more stressful, especially when other people (such as grandparents) are there so we have worry about how the kids will behave in front of them. Tonight would be ... one of the times where eating out proved to be more trouble than staying home would have been. We were all in pretty good form by the end of the meal but there were some rough times along the way. I'll avoid mentioning any names or details in order to protect the guilty.

Be that as it may, I get my better half back sometime after midnight tonight. And as parenting these two children seems to be very much a two-person job, I will be glad to have backup again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Glad he is back! I know the trials and tribulations of solo-parenting all too well. The month long stints are killer here...glad he has a new job so he doesnt go far! His next big trip *might* be to Norway...in which case, I will be going too. That would be exciting. Not so for whoever we choose to fly solo.

Congrats on surviving the week!

2:38 PM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Month-long stints? Heather, my hat is off to you ... I'm sure I'd manage for a month if I had to, but I'm very glad I don't have to ... and I'm sure my kids are too!

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home