Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

It's Good to be Queen


Hallowe'en is upon us. Christopher is Harry Potter (though for the party we went to tonight he rejected his cape in favour of casual attire), Emma is a "girl wizard," and Jason and I decided to be king and queen. King and queen of what, we're not sure, but we sure do look royal. (I should also point out that the headpiece of my gown has a black chinstrap, which accounts for the slightly bearded look I am sporting in the photos below ... not that I have suddenly grown facial hair!)

We were invited to a party tonight at the home of Christopher's school friend Jessica. As with other parties at Jessica's, we had to leave early because of the atmosphere of cat hair in the air, to which Christopher has a bad allergic reaction. Fortunately, I get to wear my royal robes again at work on Tuesday. Our theme at work for Hallowe'en is to dress up in costumes that are somehow career-related (because Hallowe'en falls during Career Awareness Week). So, I plan to tell everyone that my next career move is to find a small backward country to rule.

Although, most days, Jason and I find ruling our small backward household quite enough of a challenge. God Save Our Gracious We!

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine Hennebury (isekhmet/Smartmouth Mombie) said...

Trudy, your queen costume is totally appropriate for career week because

a) you RULE!
b) you are the queen of historical fiction

Nice costume by the way.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Majesties...you look fabulous! Where did you find the costumes?

9:34 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Once again, Romar comes through!!

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my, you look fantastic. I'd bow to you.

5:23 PM  
Blogger chrisd said...

You guys look fantastic. My oldest (a red head) was a knight, my youngest was Dr. Doom and my middle one, Madeline, was Scarlett O'Hara.

--chrisdd (NaNo)

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home