Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Today I Did Not Throw Up


...but it was a near thing, I'll tell you.

I took the kids to Thomas Amusments (for those who aren't local, this is a little travelling fair with ride that migrates around Newfoundland all summer, spending a few weeks in every mall parking lot). They were eager to take me on a ride they went on with Jason over the weekend called
Starship 2000. If you click that there link you'll find a description of the physics of the ride. My version is: it's one of those centripetal-force rides that slams you against the wall of the ride. You experience the sensations of being spun around rapidly, tilted backwards, and rolled over with a giant steamroller, all at the same time. During the process I felt much like a set of bagpipes being played by an enthusiastic drunken Scotsman on roller skates.

I staggered off some two minutes later feeling closer to hurling than I have in a very long time. Told the kids Mommy had to sit down on a bench for a few minutes. They held my hands and were gentle with me. I wanted to die, but I didn't.

I won't be going back on the Starship 2000.

In happier news, I put a bunch more book reviews up on Compulsive Overreader, so you should read them and comment. I need lots of feedback. It makes me feel happy and validated. Comment, comment, comment.

I may need to lie down again for a few minutes
.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"enthusiastic drunken Scotsman on roller skates."

ROFL! What a great image!

BTW, I've faithfully reading (and enjoying) your regular blog entries.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the drunken Scotsman was a hilarious image too...

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't comment on "Compulsive Overreader" blogs because it only allows comments from members of blogger for some reason...

1:34 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Thanks for telling me that, Jamie, I'll see if I can fix it.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's 3:14 Thursday afternoon, and you haven't updated your blog yet! I need recent developments, fresh news! I guess I'll just have to ask you how your day went when I see you after work :)

3:20 PM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Clearly you're having a gruelling day at work! Nothing blogworthy has happened so far today ... they can't all be gold, you know.

Seeya at 5:30.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Pressure Washing The Woodlands said...

Helloo nice blog

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home