Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Shameless Self-Promotion: An Update


Some time ago I blogged about how this was going to be the Summer of Shameless Self-Promotion for me. I'm happy to report that I have been very busy behind the scenes arranging promotional events and activities for my book. I just wanted to let my devoted blog-readers know about a couple of dates you should mark on your calendar in red pen -- but only if you live in St. John's or Halifax (or nearby)!!



Sunday, September 17, 3:00 p.m. -- Reading and signing The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson at Chapters on Kenmount Road in St. John's.

Sunday, September 24, 3:30 p.m. -- Reading at the Word on the Street Festival in Halifax. It takes place at Pier 23 on the Halifax Waterfront, so if you're in Halifax or in driving distance, I'd love to see you there!

Watch this space for further developments in Shameless Self Promotion -- every writer's part-time job!


Oh -- one more bit of SSP, but not so much along the literary lines. A couple of people kindly expressed some curiousity about the sermon I'm preaching this Saturday, Sept. 2. You can actually hear me live and in the flesh if you want to ... just go to the VOAR website and click the "Listen Live" button if you want to hear me air my thoughts on the topic, "When God is Silent." The church service starts at 11:00 a.m. Newfoundland time (9:30 a.m. Eastern); I'll be speaking about 20 minutes or so into it. (Note to Sherry: Now that I've posted this, I hope you're not playing a backup sermon tape this week! It is live, right?)

Even if you can't listen to me, it's worth following that link to VOAR anyway because, for this week anyway, there's a rockin' cool picture of my handsome husband and nice little write-up about him and his radio show on the front page. See? Shameless Spouse Promotion!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Trudy,
I think you've gone the wrong direction in time adjustment for Eastern. It should be one and a half hours earlier, thus, 11:00 Newfoundland = 9:30 Ontario, 6:30 British Columbia, with adjustments for provinces mixed in between.

12:15 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

You are so right! I will edit the entry accordingly!!

6:15 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Correction made.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will indeed be "live" Saturday morning. No backup sermons planned.

Was interested in the Halifax reading. Want company?? :-)

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang! I just read this entry.

Bummer, bummer, bummer.

I really need to get on the stick.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home