Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Random ChildMoments

Most unusual question addressed to me so far today (while I was asleep):

"Mom, have you seen my robotic arm??" (You'd think I'd remember if he had a robotic arm, wouldn't you?)

In other random parenting observations, lately I've noticed the kids are paying far too much attention to song lyrics. Since we entered the world of (yes! legally!) downloading music, Jason has been rediscovering his 80s headbanger roots. The other day he was listening to Bon Jovi's "Bad Medicine" when Emma came into the room. Your love is like...bad medicine! She stood there puzzled a moment, then repeated incredulously, "Bad medicine??"

In the same vein, we were driving the other day when the song "I Go Blind" came on the radio. Every time I look at you, I go blind. From the back seat, Christopher's voice pipes up. " But mom, wouldn't that be kind of a bad thing?"

Can't wait till they hear "Hurts So Good." Some things are difficult to explain, aren't they?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I'm having the same problem.

The other day, Mad Scientist asked me what "I'm Not Ready to Make Nice" was about. After a respectable interval of "Hmm....uh..ah...," I finally said, "It's about how sometimes when somebody treats you really badly, it takes awhile to stop being mad." Can't help but wonder what the Dixie Chicks would think of that interpretation.

I can't wait until school starts again, and my innocent children are caught on the playground belting out the words to the above song, including the line about "kissing somebody's (uh-oh)" and "I'm still mad as (ouch)."

Think I'll let Mars explain that to the principal.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home