Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

On the Brink of Christmasness...

It's almost here! Lots of Christmassy stuff going on today -- almost, but not quite, enough to Make Mommy Lose It a few times, but still fun once I was able to step back and take those all-important Deep Breaths. Here's the cutest thing from today ... Emma with her Grampa singing "The Friendly Beasts" in church.



We also took the Adventurers (kids' group at church) carolling to the homes of some of the seniors in the church this afternoon ... the program had some organizational problems (like, I hadn't organized it well enough because I was relying on other people) but once we got going a good time was had by all. Here's a pic (no video this time though!)

Everywhere I go, people ask, "Ready for Christmas?" It's the standard conversation-starter on December 23. Well, there are always those few last-minute things to do, mostly optional ... but mostly, yeah. On every level (especially the level where we all get a week off school and work) I am very, very ready for Christmas!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, that's adorable! Is Grandpa your father or Jason's? He's pretty good with that guitar.

1:42 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

That's my dad. He's an excellent singer and guitarist and I've always been sorry I didn't inherit any of his musical talent...but it looks like my kids have, so that's good.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home