Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Quest: The Sequel

In case you were wondering what a $10 tree chosen in two minutes in the dark looks like once it's decorated:


Gotta say that to me it looks pretty much the same as a $35 tree that we'd agonized over for an hour would look, if we brought it home and put all our lights and decorations on it. I'm not into "theme trees" (fine in someone else's house, if that's what you like; not in mine). My ideal tree is an eclectic collection of colourful lights and colourful ornaments we've acquired and loved over the years. The colourful lights used to be those old-fashioned glass indoor tree lights, the large ones, because I could never get into mini-lights on an indoor tree. I was finally prepared to consider a change the Christmas before last when the old-fashioned glass lights burned four neat holes in the arm of our couch, which was touching the tree.

Now we have the coloured LED lights, which I think look just as nice but stay cooler and are supposed to be more energy-efficient, so what's not to like about that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks lovely and you are way ahead of my household where there is nary a decoration to be seen yet.

1:34 PM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

You, on the other hand, have Christmas cards sent out already! Thanks!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home