Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Animation!

Note: If you already read this earlier today and clicked on the video, click it again! Now it has MUSIC! (Aw, come on, it's only 30 seconds! Do it!!)

Here's the project that has been absorbing Christopher and Jason for the last couple of days. On Sunday they set up a scene with Christopher's Lego battle machines (he is the nine-year-old master of stripping down the Lego sets he gets and re-creating them as new creatures and characters). Then they created a stop-motion animation. Jason did most of the tech work but Christopher had a great deal of creative control of the project! Here's the end result:



I should note that despite it being called "A Cole Family Production," Christopher flatly refused to credit me with "Catering" even though I was cooking Sunday brunch while they filmed the animation. I tried to convince him that all "real" movies give credit to the caterers but ... no dice. Oh well. Next movie I'll have to try to move up to being a dolly grip or a Best Girl, I guess.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great video. I think you should an executive producer credit, for so many reasons.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Tube says the video was removed by the user. Anyone else have this problem?

9:50 PM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Aunt Ruth, we did remove it, to put up the newer version with the music! Check it again ... it's even better!

Tina, I think I should get credit for "Promotion" for putting it on my site!

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was fantastic. I need to find out how he did the lasers!

The hours it takes for a few seconds of video sure makes you appreciate the Wallace and Grommit people...

9:37 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

The lasers were done by bringing the pictures into PowerPoint first -- before putting them into the MovieMaker program -- and adding effects from PowerPoint.

You're right about Wallace and Gromit. I remember watching a documentary about how after every session of filming the table where they shoot is littered with tiny pieces of eyebrows, lips, etc as they have to change them every few shots ....

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"the table where they shoot is littered with tiny pieces of eyebrows, lips, etc"

Sounds positively gruesome!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No toys were harmed in the making of this film."

ROFL!!

I LOVE this. I made my whole family come and watch. I gotta learn how to do things like this.

But the caterer thing...my nose would be SO out of joint. I'd make him sit and watch the credits of umpteen movies, just to prove my point.

So he's lucky you're his mother instead of me.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home