Hypergraffiti

Hypergraphia is a condition that causes people to transcribe their thoughts uncontrollably. I don't suffer from it in the clinical sense, but I may be borderline. My blog is the cyber-wall where I spray paint my thoughts for all to see. By the way, if you came here directly through blogger --if your page has no yellow frames and no pretty pic of me in the top left corner -- you may want to visit my main site at www.hypergraffiti.com, where you can read this blog and much much more.

Name:

I'm Trudy Morgan-Cole, a writer from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. My books include "The Violent Friendship of Esther Johnson," "Esther: A Story of Courage," and "Deborah and Barak." I'm also a married mom of two, a teacher in an adult-ed program, and a Christian of the Seventh-day Adventist kind. I blog about writing, reading, parenting, teaching, spirituality, and shiny things that catch my eye.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Good Writin' News!



Wow. Here I was thinking I was going to have to blog about what was going on in my life at the moment: AKA The Eternal Homework Hell. And I really didn't want to blog about how incredibly, unbelievably difficult it is to try to get Christopher through his homework ... what I wanted to do was to focus on something cheerful and pleasant.

Then, amazingly, something cheerful and pleasant happened!

My Biblical fiction about Deborah and Barak came out waaaayyy back last spring, but for some reason the publisher has been unable to get it listed on amazon.com ever since then. I have been bombarding them with requests, and every few days I check the amazon listings and it just makes me sad and frustrated, but I keep checking anyway ... and today I checked, and there it was!

So now there's no excuse ... people can buy Deborah and Barak on Amazon!

This is the second work of Biblical historical fiction I've written, the first being my book about Queen Esther. This one takes an older story about which far fewer details are given in the Bible -- the story of the prophetess Deborah and the warrior Barak and how they (along with mysterious hit-woman Jael) team up to defeat the eeeeevil Canaanite general, Sisera. It's one of the Bible's most dramatic stories, and also one that leaves lots of questions unanswered. Including the biggie: How did a woman ever come to hold such an exalted position -- prophetess and judge -- in such an overwhelmingly partriarchal society?

I divided the point of view between Deborah and Barak, which meant writing from a man's point of view -- not only a man, but a Bronze Age warrior who spends lots of time fighting, so that was a stretch for me. Anyway, it was a fun book to research and write, and I hope now that it's a little more readily available people will enjoy reading it!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I bought it via a link on your website. Now I can't wait to read it.

Fortunately, it arrived without a plastic cover, so I'll be able to.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!! That is great news, Trudy. You must have been so pleased when you saw that there after so many times being disappointed.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting, and now it's on its way to my house. Yay!

12:16 AM  
Blogger TrudyJ said...

Thanks for the good wishes ... and especially thanks for ordering it off Amazon, melessa -- hope you enjoy the book. Thanks to the good people who ordered it from there, my Amazon sales rank for the book has SHOT up from 1-million-and-something to 200,000-and-something, which is, you know, still not AMAZING, but an improvement!

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so the Neo AND your book are officially on my shopping list. I can't wait to read your book, Trudy!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home